We are pleased to announce the posting of the draft 2021-2022 Electronic Data Exchange (EDE) Technical Reference. This draft includes the Record Layouts (Section 3) and the Processing Codes (Section 4) sections.
The EDE Technical Reference provides record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with Federal Student Aid’s application processing system to process student financial aid applications.
The following record layouts are included in this draft:
- EDE Record Level Error Report Import Record Layout
- ISIR Record Description/Data Dictionary
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA®) Application Export Record Layout
- Correction Export Record Layout
- Signature Record Export Record Layout
The ISIR Cross-Reference in the Processing Codes section compares the fields in the 2020–21 ISIR Record Layout with the fields in the 2021–22 ISIR Record Layout and is organized by the 2020–21 fields.
If you have questions, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 1-800-330-5947 or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.